New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Nose Bleed Epistaxis
Epistaxis is a frequent complaint. 60% of the population will suffer from a nose bleed during their lifetime, and 6% will require medical attention. Outline of diagnosis and management in the emergency department setting.
Help by adding tags...
- An overview of the anatomy, aetiology and management of epistaxis
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!
Is Topical Tranexamic Acid Better Than Nasal Packing for Anterior Epistaxis?
- Is Topical Tranexamic Acid Better Than Nasal Packing for Anterior Epistaxis?
- 1. How do you differentiate an anterior from a posterior nosebleed? Whether you’re sitting high in the bleachers of a baseball game or treating a patient in the Emergency Department, nosebleeds ca...
Epistaxis First Aid in the ED
- Here’s a little youtube video on the initial first aid management of epistaxis in the ED, with the easy to use “tongue-depressor nasal-peg”!
SGEM#53: Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Epistaxis and Tranexamic Acid)
- Guest Skeptic: Dr. Erich Hanel, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine at McMaster University and the newest member of the BEEM Dream Team