New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
UK rates of gout soaring, but treatment remains poor
UK rates of gout have soared since the late1990s, with one in every 40 people now affected by the condition - the highest in Europe - but treatment remains as poor now as it was then, reveals...
Help by adding tags...
- Summary of aetiology, presentation, investigations and treatment of Gout.
Bacteriology Map: Cocci, Bacili and Spiral
- An incredible diagram on bacteriology. Remember a lot of hard details quickly and easily!
- SImple, to-the-point 10 minute powerpoint overview of gout. Discusses the epidemiology, pathophysiology, investigations, diagnosis, differentials and management.
Internal medicine on Instagram: “Large tophus and multiple superficial tophi of the knee in patient with chronic uncontrolled gout.”
- “Large tophus and multiple superficial tophi of the knee in patient with chronic uncontrolled gout.”
Nighttime gout attack risk more than two times higher than in the daytime
- Novel research reveals that the risk of acute gout attacks is more than two times higher during the night or early morning hours than it is in the daytime.
Genetic Insight Into 'Disease Of Kings' Offered By Gout Study
- Scientists have shed light on why some people are more susceptible to gout than others.
- Visit us (http://www.khanacademy.org/science/healthcare-and-medicine) for health and medicine content or (http://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/mcat) for MCAT...